Types of Care Coordinators
There are several types of care coordinators, and they are defined by the coordination services they provide. Care coordinators may include:
- Health educators: Healthcare workers who deliver health education to individuals, families, and communities.
- Patient navigators: Provide support and guidance to patients as they navigate the healthcare system.
- Care managers: Help to coordinate care, make appointments, and empower patients to reach self-management goals.
- Community health workers: Trusted members of the community or population served that help to reduce barriers to care.
- Public health nurses: Provide information, skills, and referrals to patients with complex health conditions.