Armstrong-Indiana-Clarion Drug and Alcohol Commission
- Project Title: Addiction Recovery Mobile Outreach Team
- Grant Period: 05/01/15 – 04/30/18
- Contact Name: Kami Anderson, Executive Director
- Location: Shelocta, Pennsylvania
- Program Overview: The Addiction Recovery Mobile Outreach Team (ARMOT) Program serves as a point of interception for individuals entering local hospital emergency services, psychiatric units, or inpatient physical healthcare units that may be in need of substance abuse services by identifying and linking individuals with services. Clients are referred to the ARMOT team by hospital staff, and a mobile case manager offers comprehensive care assessments for substance abuse treatment services, with referrals and linkages to treatment providers and support services. Certified Peer Recovery Specialists serve as part of the ARMOT team by providing peer-based recovery support services before, during, and after treatment to the patient and his/her family members.
Read more about ARMOT in RHIhub's Rural Health Models and Innovations.
Models represented by this program: