Josiah Macy, Jr. Foundation Grants
The Macy Foundation is primarily focused on domestic health professional education. The foundation's funding priorities are:
- Improve education for the care of underserved populations, with an emphasis on primary care
- Demonstrate or encourage interprofessional education and teamwork among healthcare professionals
- Provide new curriculum content for health professional education, including patient safety, quality improvement, systems performance and professionalism
- Develop new models for clinical education, including graduate medical education reform
- Increase faculty skills in health professions education with a special emphasis on the career development of underrepresented minorities
Underserved populations include racial and ethnic minorities, the elderly, low-income patients, and those in rural and inner city communities.
Eligible applicants include tax-exempt institutions and agencies.
There are two types of grants available: Board grants, which do not specify an amount, and President's grants which are awarded in amounts up to $35,000.
Applicants must submit a letter of inquiry through the online submission system. Within 2 months of submission, applicants will receive a request for more information, a request to submit a full proposal, or a notice that the project will not be supported.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.