Services Grant Program for Residential Treatment for Pregnant and Postpartum Women (PPW)
Services Grant Program for Residential Treatment for Pregnant and Postpartum Women (PPW) provides grants to expand comprehensive treatment, prevention, and recovery support services for women and their children in residential substance use treatment facilities, including services for non-residential family members of both the women and children.
This funding will support programs that utilize evidence-based parenting and treatment models including trauma-specific services in a trauma-informed context.
The populations of focus are low-income women, age 18 and over, who are pregnant, postpartum, and their minor children, age 17 and under, who have limited access to quality health services. Traditionally underserved populations, especially ethnic and minority populations, are a primary focus. Priority will be given to applicants that agree to use the award for a program serving a rural area.
Programs should work to:
- Decrease the use and or abuse of prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco, illicit, and other harmful drugs
- Increase safe and healthy pregnancies, improve birth outcomes
- Improve mental and physical health of the women and children
- Improve parenting skills
- Decrease involvement in and exposure to crime, violence, and neglect; and physical, emotional and sexual abuse for all family members
Eligible applicants are:
- Domestic, public and private nonprofit entities
- State and local governments, federally recognized American
- Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) Tribes and tribal organizations
- Urban Indian entities
- Public or private universities and colleges
- Community- and faith-based organizations
Award ceiling: $524,000
Expected number of awards: 18
Estimated total program funding: $9,500,000
Project period: Up to 5 years
Matching funds are required. The matching funds must not be less than $1 for each $9 of federal funds provided in years 1 and 2, and not be less than $1 for each $3 of federal funds in year 3.
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.