Transitional Housing Assistance Grants for Victims of Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking
Application: Feb 6, 2020
The Transitional Housing Assistance Grants for Victims of Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking Program focuses on a victim-centered approach to providing transitional housing services that move survivors into permanent housing.
Funds may be used for:
- Transitional housing, including funding for the operating expenses of newly developed or existing transitional housing
- Short-term housing assistance, including rental or utility payment assistance and assistance with related expenses such as payment of security deposits and other costs incidental to relocation to transitional housing
- Voluntary support services for recipients of transitional housing, including counseling, childcare, transportation, and life skills/educational/job training
Special consideration will be given to projects that:
- Empower victims to become survivors by growing them past their vulnerabilities to a place of self-sufficiency
- Address the specific challenges that rural communities face in responding to domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking
Detailed information on program scope, mandatory activities, and Office on Violence Against Women priority areas is available in the application instructions.
Applications are being accepted for both new and continuation projects.
Eligible applicants include:
- Units of local government
- Tribal governments and Tribal organizations
- Other organizations, including sexual assault and domestic violence victim service providers, domestic violence and sexual assault coalitions, and other nonprofit, nongovernmental organizations, including community-based and culturally specific organizations, that have a documented history of effective work considering victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and/or stalking
Award ceiling: $500,000
Expected number of awards: 70
Project period: 36 months
Estimated total program funding: $30,000,000
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.