Hearst Foundations Grants
The Hearst Foundations support well-established nonprofit organizations that address issues within 4 major areas of interest: education, health, culture, and social service.
Health and social service funding priorities include:
- Professional development for health professions
- Programs improving access to high-quality healthcare for low-income populations
- Programs developing and providing specialized care for the complex needs of elderly populations
- Programs scaling innovative healthcare delivery systems to provide efficient, coordinated care
- Research, particularly related to finding new cures and treatments for prevalent diseases such as cancer
- Affordable housing
- Job creation and job training
- Youth development
Organizations that are tax-exempt under code 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service.
The Foundations do not generally provide funding for organizations with an operating budget under $1 million.
All applications must be completed using the Hearst Foundations' online grant application. A link to the application is available on the Foundation's application guidelines web page.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.