Establishing the 3E's Nutrition Grant Program (Establish3E)
Establish3E is a program that funds the creation of nutrition education programs in childcare institutions and community organizations that work with children 3-5 years of age in Texas.
Funds may be used to establish, implement, or extend:
- Comprehensive wellness efforts to achieve bronze,
silver, or gold status in the Healthier Child and Adult
Care Food Program Award Program, including activities to
- Physical activity
- Nutrition education
- The childcare environment
- Activities that create, supplement, or extend current
farm to preschool or childcare educational activities,
- Garden-based learning
- School garden development or improvement
- Taste testing activities
- Developing a garden to plate program to increase the number of garden products served in school meals and snacks
- Networking events that strengthen local purchasing relationships with Texas farmers and ranchers
- Other experiential learning opportunities that teach students about Texas agriculture, such as field trips to farms and/or farmers markets
- Other wellness programs
To apply, an organization must:
- Certify that it will use awarded funds to provide
nutrition education to children between the ages of 3-5
years old and meets one of the criteria below:
- Participates in the Child and Adult Food Care Program administered by TDA
- A Head Start Program
- Another early childhood education program
- Be a community or faith-based initiative that:
- Provides recreational, social, volunteer, leadership, mentoring, or developmental programs
- Certifies that it will use awarded funds to provide nutrition education to children younger than 19 years of age.
Up to $10,000 per site and up to $50,000 per multi-site sponsor organization.
Sponsor organizations that have more than one site should submit a single, combined application.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.