Establishing the 3E's Nutrition Grant Program (Establish3E)
The Texas Department of Agriculture has suspended funding for the Establishing 3 E's Grant Program for FY 2020 and FY 2021.
Establish3E is a program that funds the creation of nutrition education programs in childcare institutions and community organizations that work with children 3-5 years of age in Texas.
Funds may be used to establish, implement, or extend comprehensive wellness efforts to achieve either:
- Healthier Child and Adult Care Food Program Award Program (CACFP) Gold Award
- The 3E's Award
To attain CACFP Gold Award or 3E's Award status, programs must implement activities to improve:
- Menus and meal service
- Physical activity
- Nutrition education
- The childcare environment through garden or
experiential learning that teach students about Texas
agriculture, such as:
- Implementing garden-based curriculum
- School garden development or improvement
- Taste testing activities
- Developing a garden to plate program to increase the number of garden products served in school meals and snacks
- Networking events that strengthen local purchasing relationships with Texas farmers and ranchers
- Other experiential learning opportunities, such as field trips to farms and/or farmers markets
To apply, an organization must:
- Certify that it will use awarded funds to provide
nutrition education to children between the ages of 3-5
years old and meets one of the criteria below:
- Participates in the Child and Adult Food Care Program administered by TDA
- A Head Start Program
- Another early childhood education program
- Be a community or faith-based initiative that:
- Provides recreational, social, volunteer, leadership, mentoring, or developmental programs
- Certifies that it will use awarded funds to provide nutrition education to children younger than 19 years of age.
Up to $10,000 per site and up to $50,000 per multi-site sponsor organization.
Sponsor organizations that have more than one site should submit a single, combined application.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.