National Indian Health Outreach and Education II (NIHOE II)
The Indian Health Service (IHS) will provide two grants to a national Indian organization to address health policy and health program issues and to conduct outreach and education activities to all American Indian tribes and villages. Both grant awards require information to be disseminated to tribal populations through public forums at tribal educational consumer conferences, as well as regional and national meetings.
The HIV/AIDS program will work to increase awareness of the impact of HIV/AIDS on Native American, including the following activities:
- Reduce the number of people who become infected with HIV
- Increase access to care and optimize health outcomes for people living with HIV
- Reduce HIV-related disparities in American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) communities
The Behavioral Health (BH) program will promote behavioral health as central to the health and well-being of Native American communities by:
- Facilitating an annual in-person meeting and virtual meeting of the National Tribal Advisory Committee on Behavioral Health
- Providing leadership for the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention's AI/AN Task Force
- Hosting a national AI/AN conference on current and pressing behavioral health topics
- Increasing tribal capacity on grant writing to increase the likelihood of federal awards
- Develop, maintain, and disseminate comprehensive information on tribal behavioral health programs, curricula, findings, articles, and strategies
Eligibility is limited to 501(c)(3) nonprofit national Indian health care organizations with at least ten years of experience providing awareness, visibility, advocacy, education and outreach on a national scale.
Total Funds Available: $1,200,000
Funds Available for the Behavioral Health program: $300,000 annually for two years
Funds Available for HIV/AIDS program: $100,000 annually for two years
Two awards will be issued under this program announcement. It is the intention of IHS that one entity will receive both awards.
Links to the full announcement and electronic application are available through grants.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.