Texas Healthy Kids, Healthy Families Grant
Application: Oct 18, 2020
The Healthy Kids, Healthy Families initiative will invest in and partner with nonprofit organizations that offer sustainable, measurable programs to reach children and their families in the following areas:
- Nutrition education
- Physical activity
- Disease prevention and management
- Supporting safe environments
- Smoking cessation and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- The early stages of chronic kidney disease
For the 2021 funding cycle, proposed projects should also address public health needs related to the COVID-19 pandemic as well as social factors that contribute to health inequalities, which include:
- Healthy food and exercise
- Education and jobs
- Mental health
In addition to aligning with one or more of the areas of focus, the following criteria are required for review of all grant proposals:
- The lead organization must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
- Lead organizations must operate a current annual budget of $2,000,000 or more and have qualified staff to manage the project
- Lead organizations must collaborate with a health partner, which may be a hospital, clinic, or Federally Qualified Health Center
Amounts vary based on the needs of each applicant.
Submit a letter of intent through the online portal between September 1 through September 15, 2020. Selected applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal, with a deadline of October 18, 2020.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.