Idaho Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program (FLEX)
Idaho Bureau of Rural Health and Primary Care
The Idaho Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program (Flex) provides funding to support Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) in Idaho in the area of healthcare quality and performance. Activities can include stabilizing rural hospital finance, integrating emergency medical services into the healthcare system, incorporating population health, and fostering innovative models of healthcare.
Activities should focus on:
- Improving the quality of care provided by CAHs
- Improving the financial and operational outcomes of CAHs
- Supporting the financial and operational transition to value based models and healthcare transformation models
Funds cannot be used to subsidize activities that are a routine part of doing business as a CAH. Examples include, but are not limited to, replacement of routine supplies, food costs, and preparation for routine surveys or licensure.
Entities eligible to apply include:
- Cohort of designated Idaho CAHs (two or more CAHs working together formally or informally). One CAH must be the lead applicant.
- Idaho rural health networks (must be nonprofit and include at least two CAHs)
- An individual Idaho CAH without a cohort may apply for the Innovative/ Transformative Healthcare Model opportunity.
Grant recipients for FY16 awards cannot apply for the same focus area in FY17.
Awards will include:
- Quality Improvement Cohort: 2 awards of $26,500 each
- Financial/Operational Improvement Cohort: 2 awards of $26,500 each
- Innovation/Transformation Model: 1 award of $20,000
Additional guidance is available in the application instructions.
Applications may be submitted by mail, delivery, or email.
Applications can be mailed to:
Bureau of Rural Health and Primary Care
450 W. State St., 4th Floor
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0036
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com.
September 13, 2017
12:00 p.m. Mountain
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.