Idaho Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program (FLEX)
The Idaho Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program (Flex) provides funding to support Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) in Idaho in the areas of healthcare quality and performance. Activities can include stabilizing rural hospital finance, integrating emergency medical services into the healthcare system, incorporating population health, and fostering innovative models of healthcare.
Activities should focus on:
- Improving the quality of care provided by CAHs
- Improving the financial and operational outcomes of CAHs
- Support innovative population health initiatives in rural areas
Funds cannot be used to subsidize activities that are a routine part of doing business as a CAH. Examples include, but are not limited to, replacement of routine supplies, food costs, and preparation for routine surveys or licensure.
Entities eligible to apply include:
- Cohort of designated Idaho CAHs (2 or more CAHs working together formally or informally). One CAH must be the lead applicant.
- Idaho rural health networks (must be nonprofit and include at least 2 CAHs)
- An individual Idaho CAH without a cohort may apply for the Innovative/ Transformative Healthcare Model opportunity.
Grant recipients for FY17 awards cannot apply for the same focus area in FY18.
Awards will include:
- Quality Improvement Cohort: 2 awards of $26,500 each
- Financial/Operational Improvement Cohort: 2 awards of $26,500 each
- Population Health Initiatives: 3 awards of $20,000 each
Applications may be submitted by email to Stephanie.Sayegh@dhw.idaho.gov or by mail/delivery to:
Bureau of Rural Health and Primary Care
450 W. State St., 4th Floor
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0036
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.