Sexual Risk Avoidance Education Program
The Sexual Risk Avoidance Education Program provides funding for projects to educate youth on how to voluntarily refrain from non-marital sexual activity and prevent pregnancy, sexually transmitted infections, and other risky behaviors.
Programs are to provide services to youth populations who will benefit from education on how to refrain from non-marital sexual activity, and teach the benefits associated with self-regulation, success sequencing for poverty prevention, healthy relationships, and goal setting. The programs will also teach resisting sexual coercion, dating violence, and other youth risk behaviors such as underage drinking and illicit drug use.
Vulnerable youth populations include, but are not limited to:
- Youth living in under resourced regions
- Areas with high rates of teen births and STIs
- Culturally underrepresented youth populations, especially Hispanic, African American, and Native American teenagers
- Other vulnerable youth populations
Applications will be accepted from:
- State, territory, county, city, township, and special district governments
- Independent, regional, and local school districts
- Public, state controlled, and private institutions of higher education
- Native American Tribal governments (federally recognized and other than federally recognized) and Tribal organizations
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Nonprofits with and without 501(c)(3) status
- For-profit organizations and small businesses
Applicants serving an emerging, unserved, or underserved population or remote geographic area are encouraged to apply.
Award ceiling: $450,000 for the project
Award floor: $300,000 for the project period
Project period: 3 years
Estimated number of awards: 40
Estimated total program funding: $33,500,000
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.