Georgia EmpowerHealth Capacity Building Grant
Application: Apr 13, 2018
The EmpowerHealth program provides capacity building grants to Georgia-based nonprofit organizations, hospitals, and quasi-governmental agencies to address critical organizational capacity needs that affect access, cost, and quality of health and healthcare services.
Funding priorities include building organizational capacity to:
- Enhance health nonprofit organizational effectiveness
- Strengthen and sustain high-impact health programs, services, and supports
- Build and strengthen Georgia's health professions workforce capacity
Applications will be accepted from the following types of agencies in Georgia:
- Nonprofit organizations
- Nonprofit hospitals
- Quasi-governmental agencies
Up to $50,000 for an 18 month period.
The Foundation anticipates that approximately 10 grants will be awarded. The number and amount of awards will be based on the number of applications received and the availability of Foundation funds.
The EmpowerHealth application process will have 2 phases. Organizations must participate in all activities to be eligible to apply.
(November 2017 – March 2018)
- Submit a Letter of Intent by November 29, 2017 through the online portal.
- Attend one of the three Targeted Capacity Building Webinars. The webinars will take place on December 5, 13, and 15. The webinar registration link will be sent to organizations that submit the Letter of Intent.
- Compete the online Core Capacity Assessment Toolkit (CCAT) to identify areas within the organization that need strengthening.
- Participate in a group interpretation webinar to interpret the CCAT results.
- Obtain individual organizational capacity building technical assistance to interpret the CCAT results and prioritize capacity building needs.
(March 2018 – December 2019)
- Submit a full online application to Healthcare Georgia Foundation based on the needs identified in the CCAT by April 13, 2018.
- Selected grantees will conduct capacity building activities and participate in peer learning workshops to share lessons learned and develop a learning community.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.