BUILD Discretionary Grants
BUILD Discretionary Grants, formerly TIGER Discretionary Grants, provide funding for capital investments in unmet surface transportation infrastructure needs.
BUILD funding may be used to support:
- Intermodal transportation
- Rural broadband deployment that is part of an eligible transportation project
The Department of Transportation's priorities include growing rural economies, facilitating freight movement, improving access to reliable and affordable transportation options, and enhancing health access and safety for residents. To address rural transportation infrastructure needs, DOT intends to award a greater share of BUILD Transportation Discretionary Grant funding to projects located in rural areas that align well with the selection criteria than to such projects in urban areas.
Eligible applicants include:
- State, local, and tribal governments
- U.S. territories
- Transit agencies
- Port authorities
- Metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs)
- Other political subdivisions of state or local governments
- Multi-state or multi-jurisdictional groups applying through a single lead applicant
Award ceiling: $25,000,000
Award floor: $1,000,000
All FY 2018 BUILD funds must be expended by September 30, 2025.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.