The Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act: Medicare Low Income Subsidy, Medicare Savings Program and Medicare Prescription Drug Enrollment Assistance
This opportunity provides grants to State Health Insurance Assistance Programs (SHIPs), Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs), and Aging and Disability Resource Center programs (ADRCs) for outreach activities to inform beneficiaries that are likely to be eligible for the Low Income Subsidy program or the Medicare Savings Program, and to assist them in applying for benefits.
Applications will be accepted from:
- State SHIP grantees
- State Agencies on Aging for AAA
- State Agencies for existing ADRC state grant recipients
Total Funding Available:
- SHIP: $13,000,000 for state agencies that administer the SHIP Program
- AAA: $7,500,000 for State Units on Aging for Area Agencies on Aging and for Native American programs. Funding for Native American Programs in the amount of $270,000 is deducted from this area, and is being allocated through a separate process.
- ADRC: $5,000,000 for State Agencies that received an ACL, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC)/No Wrong Door System (NWD) grant to support the development of their ADRC/NWD Systems.
Consult the program website for submission information.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.