Foundation for Rural Service Grant Program
Foundation for Rural Service Grant Program provides grants for programs in rural communities served by the National Telecommunications Cooperative Association (NTCA) members.
Funds may be used for:
- Business Development: Technology equipment for agriculture, entrepreneurship, and/or job creation programs
- Community Development: Parks and recreation, tourism, and the arts
- Education: Education technology (such as computers and smart boards), curriculum development, extracurricular activities, and distance learning programs
- Telecommunications: Broadband adoption projects, technology education, and training
Examples of past funded projects include:
- Expansion of a high school health sciences program to assist students with obtaining CNA certificates
- Sustaining an entrepreneurship center
- Purchasing computers for a small, rural school
501(c)(3) organizations served by NTCA members are eligible to apply.
The Foundation will give priority to proposals that foster collaboration among different community agencies, and local government, reflect a comprehensive approach to community development, promote community participation and engagement, and make rural communities a better place to live and work.
Preference will also be given to projects that can be fully funded by the grant or have 75% or more of the project currently funded.
Award ceiling: $5,000
Award floor: $250
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.