Transitional Living Program and Maternity Group Homes
The Transitional Living Program and Maternity Group Homes grant will provide funding to organizations that provide services through transitional living programs or maternity group homes for runaway and homeless youth.
Programs must provide services to homeless youth, between the ages of 16-22. Applicants may choose to serve runaway and homeless youth and/or pregnant and parenting youth.
Projects must provide safe, stable, and appropriate shelter for up to 21 months and comprehensive, trauma-informed, and evidence-based services that support the transition of homeless youth to stable living, including:
- Money management
- Interpersonal and healthy relationships counseling and skill-building
- Educational advancement
- Job attainment skills
- Recreation and leisure activities
- Parenting curricula
- Family engagement
- Aftercare contact, referrals, and follow-up support
Eligible entities include:
- State, county, city, township, or special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and private institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (federally-recognized)
- Native American tribal organizations
- Nonprofits with or without a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Priority will be given to applicants that have experience working with runaway and homeless youth. The applicants selected will also represent diverse geographic regions of the U.S.
Award ceiling: $194,726 per year
Award floor: $100,000 per year
Project period: 5 years
Expected number of awards: 103
Estimated total program funding: $20,056,829
Grantees must provide at least 10% of the total approved cost of the project through cash or in-kind contributions.
Links to the full announcement and electronic application process are available through grants.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.