Rural Interprofessional Health Professions Summer Preceptorships
Vicky Rhine, MPH
The Rural Interprofessional Health Professions Summer Preceptorships program offers a 6-week educational experience for health professions students who want to learn more about healthcare in rural settings.
This opportunity is available to students nationwide. Practice sites are located in Illinois. Participating sites for 2018 are:
- Gibson Area Hospital - Gibson City, Illinois
- St. Mary's Hospital - Centralia, Illinois
Students will be exposed to all aspects of a rural healthcare community including:
- Social and health characteristics, needs, and resources of a specific rural community
- Roles and responsibilities of different healthcare providers in a rural community
- Healthcare provider careers in a rural community and potential locations for future career practice
Graduate and professional level students who are enrolled in a health professions program including but not limited to: medicine, physician assistant, pharmacy, nursing, public health, social work, physical therapy, and nutrition are eligible to apply.
Each student will receive a $1,500 stipend. Limited housing and meals are provided by the host sites. Eight students will be selected.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.