Michigan Building Healthy Communities Elementary School Program
The Building Healthy Communities Elementary School Program offers assistance to Michigan elementary schools to undergo a healthy school transformation.
The transformation includes:
- Educating students through classroom lessons and physical education curriculum
- Creating a healthy, supportive environment that makes the healthy choice the easy choice
- Encouraging students to practice lessons learned in the classroom
- Increasing access to physical activity opportunities
- Increasing access to healthy, nutrient-rich food and beverages
Public, charter, and private nonprofit elementary schools in Michigan are eligible, regardless of geographic location or participation in the free or reduced-price lunch program.
Schools that have received a previous award from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan are not eligible for the program.
Programs will receive:
- A hands-on coordinator to establish the program and work with the school to ensure the program is successful and sustainable
- All program materials, equipment, and training necessary for implementation
- Technical assistance to assist in the transformation to a healthy school
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.