Tribal Colleges Research Grants Program (TCRGP)
The Tribal Colleges Research Grants Program (TCRGP) offers grants to tribal colleges and universities for research projects that address concerns and needs of tribal and reservation communities, including projects that focus on health, environment, and agricultural production needs of remote reservation communities through research.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Enhance the institutional infrastructure and faculty expertise in planning and carrying out appropriate applied research projects that address concerns and needs of tribal and reservation communities
- Forge better institutional and faculty collaborations with other Land-Grant Institutions as well as with USDA Agricultural Research Service (ARS) and other research institutions of higher education
- Address the food, agricultural, natural resources, and human sciences concerns of reservation communities through scientific inquiry and discovery
- Give American Indian students better prospects for employment and educational achievement by engaging them in laboratory and field research in the food, agricultural, and natural resource sciences
Projects that integrate social and biological sciences to address many of the challenges facing agriculture and rural communities are a priority, such as:
- Increasing global demand for food production in the face of limited natural resources
- Improving health and reducing obesity by engaging in healthy lifestyles and consuming healthy diets
- Alleviating poverty by fostering economic opportunity
Eligible applicants are tribal colleges and universities designated as a 1994 Institution under the Educational Land-Grant Status Act of 1994.
Award ceiling: $500,000
Project period: Up to 3 years
Total funding available: $3,800,000
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov. The application instructions will be found on the related documents tab.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.