Improving Healthcare Systems Research Grants
Application: Jan 14, 2020
Improving Healthcare Systems Research Grants will offer for research that studies the comparative clinical effectiveness of alternative features of healthcare systems that are intended to optimize the quality, outcomes, and efficiency of patient care and that have the greatest potential for sustained impact and replication within and across healthcare systems. Studies should be designed to provide information of value regarding which features of systems lead to better patient-centered outcomes.
Priority research areas include:
- Patients' access to care, high quality of care, support for self-care, and coordination of care across healthcare settings
- Professional decision making on the basis of patients' personal values
- Experiences that are important to patients and their caregivers, such as overall health, functional ability, health-related quality of life, stress, severity of symptoms, survival, and unanticipated healthcare utilization, such as unexpected hospital stays or visits to the emergency department
- The efficiency of healthcare delivery, as measured by the amount of ineffective, duplicative, or wasteful care provided to patients
Populations of interest include:
- Residents of rural areas
- Racial and ethnic minority groups
- Low-income groups
- Individuals with low health literacy, numeracy, or limited English proficiency
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) persons
- Individuals with special healthcare needs, including individuals with disabilities
- Older adults
- Veterans and members of the Armed Forces and their families
- Individuals with multiple chronic diseases
Applications may be submitted by any public or private sector research organization, including:
- Nonprofit organizations
- For-profit organizations
- University or college hospitals and healthcare systems
- Units of local, state, or federal government
Organizations may submit multiple applications for funding.
Award ceiling: $3,000,000
Project period: 3 years
Total funds available: $8,000,000
Submit the online letter of intent by October 1, 2019. Selected applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal, with a deadline of January 14, 2020.
September 25, 2019
12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Eastern
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.