Addressing Disparities Research Grants
Application: May 5, 2020
Addressing Disparities Research Grants provide funding to research the comparative effectiveness of enhanced interventions that reduce or eliminate disparities in health and healthcare.
Studies should focus on overcoming barriers that may disproportionately affect the outcomes of specific groups of patients or should identify best practices for reducing disparities.
Priority areas of interest include research that:
- Compares evidence-based interventions to reduce or eliminate disparities in patient-centered outcomes (PCOs), including health, healthcare, and patient-reported outcomes
- Compares benefits and risks of treatment, diagnostic, prevention, or service options with attention to eliminating disparities
- Compares and identifies best practices for tailoring evidence-based interventions to patient populations at risk for disparities
- Focuses on one or more of the following target
- Residents of rural areas
- Racial and ethnic minority groups
- Low-income groups
- Individuals with low health literacy, numeracy, or limited English proficiency
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) persons
- Individuals with special healthcare needs, including individuals with disabilities
Applications may be submitted by any public or private sector research organization, including:
- Nonprofit organizations
- For-profit organizations
- University or college hospitals and healthcare systems
- Units of local, state, or federal government
Organizations may submit multiple applications for funding.
Award ceiling: $5,000,000
Project period: 3-4 years
Total funding available: $8,000,000
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.