Iowa Community Development Block Grant Program: Community Facilities and Services
The Iowa Community Development Block Grant Program: Community Facilities and Services offers funds to assist communities with a variety of projects including:
- Childcare facilities
- Senior centers
- Facilities for persons with physical or mental disabilities
- Homeless shelters
- Stormwater and drainage
Projects must benefit low-to-moderate income people, aid in the prevention or elimination of slums or blights, or meet an urgent need.
All communities in Iowa are eligible to apply.
Award amounts are as follows:
- Communities with populations less than 300 are limited to $1,000 per capita, as are unincorporated areas of a county proposing direct service projects
- Communities with populations less than 1,000 can receive up to $300,000
- Communities with populations between 1,000-2,500 can receive up to $500,000
- Communities with populations between 2,500-15,000 can receive up to $600,000
- Communities with populations greater than 15,000 can receive up to $800,000
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.