Rural Housing Preservation Grants (Section 533)
Choose the appropriate Regional Director from the contact tab on the program website.
The Rural Housing Preservation Grant (HPG) program provides funds to sponsoring organizations to establish grants or low-interest loan programs for homeowners to repair or rehabilitate individual housing, rental properties, or co-ops owned and/or occupied by very low- and low-income rural persons.
Eligible expenses include:
- Repairing or replacing electrical wiring, foundations, roofs, insulation, heating systems and water/waste disposal systems
- Handicap accessibility features
- Labor and materials
- Administrative expenses
- Additional expenses that are listed in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1944.664
Eligible entities include:
- State and local governments
- Nonprofit corporations
- Federally recognized tribes
Grantees must use funds in towns with a population under 20,000 or on federally recognized Tribal lands. Check eligibility by address.
No minimum or maximum award amounts have been established. The project period can be up to 2 years.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.