New Jersey Health Initiatives: Building a Culture of Health in New Jersey - Communities Moving to Action
New Jersey Health Initiatives: Building a Culture of Health in New Jersey - Communities Moving to Action grants will support existing multi-sector, community-based coalitions that are working to make sustainable systems and policy changes that will result in long-term solutions for healthy living.
Coalitions should use the power of leaders and partnerships to implement strategies that address health barriers, especially social determinants of health.
- Be located in New Jersey
- Represent a community coalition. For the purpose of this initiative, a community could be a town, township, municipality, city, county, tribe, or tribal community
- Be part of an existing or emerging coalition that has begun working to address community health priorities
- Be either public entities or nonprofit organizations that are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3)
- Examples of applicant organizations include, but are
not limited to:
- Local health and human service agencies
- K-12 education
- Colleges and universities
- Hospital systems
- Faith-based organizations
- Local government
Projects will be selected with the intention of funding a diverse group of grantees based on several criteria such as location (e.g., region of the state, urban/rural), characteristics of the community being served, and types of stakeholders involved in project.
Grants of up to $200,000 will be awarded. Up to $50,000 will be released in the first year.
Grantees must provide at least $35,000 in matching funds.
A link to the online application process is available on the program website when applications are being accepted.
Both in-person applicant information sessions and technical assistance webinars are available to prospective applicants. A list of dates, times, and registration information is available on the program website.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.