Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative - Practice Transformation Network (PTN)
Application: Jan 6, 2015
Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative - Practice Transformation Network (PTN) will provide funding to group practices, healthcare systems, and others that join together to provide clinician practices with quality improvement expertise, best practices, coaching and assistance.
Practice Transformation Networks will work with a diverse range of practices, including those in rural communities and those that provide care for the medically underserved.
The aim of these networks is to help clinicians move from volume-driven systems to value-based, patient-centered, and coordinated healthcare services. Strategies to improve care quality could include, but are not limited to:
- Giving doctors better access to patient information, such as information on prescription drug use to help patients take their medications properly
- Expanding the number of ways patients are able communicate with the team of clinicians taking care of them
- Improving the coordination of patient care by primary care providers, specialists, and the broader medical community
- Using electronic health records on a daily basis to examine data on quality and efficiency
Applicants must demonstrate pre-existing relationships with multiple clinician practices (primary care and/or specialists) that include data sharing capabilities.
Examples of the types of organizations expected to apply are as follows:
- Health Systems
- Regional Extension Centers
- Quality Improvement Organizations
- Large Group Practices
- Regional and state-based Health Collaboratives
- Hospital Systems
Total Funding Available: $670,000,000
Award Ceiling: $50,000,000
Award Floor: $2,000,000
Number of Awards: Up to 35
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.