Application: Jan 13, 2015
Operation AmeriCorps offers funding to help tribes and tribal leaders to address pressing challenges faced by their communities. Grantees will use the power of AmeriCorps members to solve issues that can be addressed within a two-year time period.
Priority funding areas include:
- Transformational projects that address one of the six
AmeriCorps funding areas:
- Economic development
- Healthy futures
- Disaster services
- Veterans and military families
- Environmental stewardship
- Transformational projects that focus on
post-secondary opportunities, with the goal of getting
every high school graduate to participate in one of the
- Further education, including at two- or four-year colleges
- Military service
- National service in AmeriCorps
- A paid internship, a registered apprenticeship, or job training program
Eligible applicants include:
- Tribal governments
- Local governments of U.S. cities, counties or towns
- School boards
- State service commissions
- Quasi-governmental organizations such as Councils of Governments and non-profit regional development authorities including park, housing, or economic development authorities may apply
Applicants are encouraged to form partnerships with community organizations.
Award amounts are expected to vary with the scope of the project and partnerships. CNCS will award AmeriCorps NCCC and AmeriCorps VISTA member slots as well as AmeriCorps State and National grant funds to support the AmeriCorps member living allowance and project implementation costs.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide evidence of community funding and support, including the involvement of other national service programs operating in the locality.
For the first step, applicants will submit a concept paper that describes their project. Then applicants selected for step two will receive technical assistance and be asked to submit a full application.
Applicants should email OperationAmeriCorps@cns.gov to request an application package.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.