Pipeline to Proposal Awards
Application: Jun 30, 2017
Pipeline to Proposal Awards provide grants to build new collaborative teams of researchers, patients, caregivers, clinicians, and other healthcare stakeholders with the goal of developing research proposals with robust patient engagement.
The Pipeline to Proposals program has been redesigned, and now has 2 tiers.
- Tier A is designed to support the development of research partnerships as they identify a comparative clinical effectiveness research question that is important to patients, researchers, and other members of the healthcare community.
- Tier B is designed to help research partnerships refine their questions and prepare an application for research funding.
Research priorities include:
- Assessment of prevention, diagnosis, and treatment options
- Improving healthcare systems
- Communication and dissemination research
- Addressing disparities
Eligible applicants include:
- Consumer/patient organizations
- A combination of the above
It is anticipated that most Tier A applicants will be individuals or newly formed groups of people that are not organized as a nonprofit or a corporation. The Pipeline Award Program Offices can serve as fiscal agents to administer the Tier A awards.
Tier A: Up to $50,000
Tier B: Up to $40,000
Applicants must register in the PCORI system and submit a Tier A letter of inquiry through the online system by April 20, 2017.
Selected applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal, with a deadline of June 30, 2017.
Groups developed through Tier A funding are welcome to apply for Tier B. An announcement for Tier B funding is expected in July 2018.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.