Benefits Enrollment Centers (BECs)
Application: Nov 1, 2017
This program provides grants to implement Benefits Enrollment Centers, which work to find and enroll eligible Medicare beneficiaries (seniors aged 65+ and adults living with disabilities) into benefit programs.
BECs must work to enroll eligible beneficiaries into the following programs:
- Medicare Part D Extra Help (or Low-Income Subsidy, LIS)
- Medicare Savings Programs (MSP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly Food Stamps)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Eligible organizations include:
- Public or nonprofit providers of services to seniors or adults with disabilities
- Government agencies
- Faith-based organizations
- Agencies serving specific hard-to-reach populations
Up to $100,000 for an 18 month project period.
Applicants are required to match 15% of their funding under this grant through a cash or in-kind contribution.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a notice of intent by October 12, 2017 using the online form.
Applicants who do not submit a notice of intent by the deadline, but would like to apply, must still submit an online notice of intent in order to receive the application guidance and a link to the application form. All proposals should be submitted electronically by November 1, 2017.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.