Academic Units for Primary Care Training and Enhancement
Irene Sandvold, Project Officer
Academic Units for Primary Care Training and Enhancement will award funding to research, develop, and disseminate clinical teaching methods designed to train the primary care workforce.
Each Academic Unit (AU) will be required to:
- Conduct systems-level research on primary care training
- Disseminate current research, evidence-based or best practices, and evaluation tools
- Develop a community of practice
One AU will be funded in each of the following priority areas:
- Training for rural practice
- Addressing the social determinants of health
- Training for the needs of vulnerable populations
- Integrated behavioral health and primary care
- Integrated oral health and primary care
- Health workforce diversity
Accredited schools of medicine or osteopathic medicine.
Award ceiling: $750,000 per year
Number of awards: Up to 6
Project period: 5 years
Total funding available: $4,500,000
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.