Great Plains Center for Agricultural Health Community Outreach/Education Grants
This opportunity provides funding for new agricultural health and safety research, prevention, intervention, community outreach, and translation projects that have high likelihood of leading to more comprehensive projects or activities.
Proposed projects will be reviewed for feasibility and
potential impact. Reviewers will consider agricultural
health and safety priorities identified by the National
Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). See
the review process section of the program website for a
detailed list of
Priority will be given to projects addressing unique farming populations (youth, migrant workers, women farmers), aging, pesticide and fertilizer use, mental health, and other new or emerging issues.
Two types of projects may be funded:
- Academic track projects by new academic/scientific investigators, graduate students, and those newly interested in agricultural safety and health research
- Community-based outreach and translation projects to test new and innovative outreach and educational methods that are designed to result in improved health and/or safety practices or enhanced service delivery by the applicant organization
All people with an interest in agricultural health or safety and appropriate knowledge, skills, and resources are invited to submit an application.
Eligible applicants include:
- For-profit, nonprofit, and public or private institutions
- Units of local or state government and eligible federal agencies
- Units of local and state tribal government
- Faith- or community-based organizations.
Up to $30,000 per project.
It is anticipated that 3-4 projects will be funded.
Links to additional guidance and application materials are available on the program website.
The preferred submission method is by email to CPH-GreatPlainsCenter@uiowa.edu.
If unable to send by email, send by mail or private carrier to:
Dr. Jenna Gibbs
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health
145 N Riverside Drive, CPHB Suite S313
Iowa City, IA 52242
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.