Office on Violence Against Women Grants for Outreach and Services to Underserved Populations
Application: Mar 23, 2021
Office on Violence Against Women (OVW) provides grants to develop and implement outreach strategies targeted at, and provide victim services to, underserved populations of adult and youth victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking.
Program purpose areas include:
- Working with federal, state, tribal, territorial, and local governments, agencies, and organizations to develop or enhance population specific services
- Strengthening the capacity of underserved populations to provide population specific services
- Strengthening the capacity of traditional victim service providers to provide population specific services
- Strengthening the effectiveness of criminal and civil justice interventions by providing training for law enforcement, prosecutors, judges, and other court personnel on domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking in underserved populations
- Working in cooperation with an underserved population to develop and implement outreach, education, prevention, and intervention strategies that highlight available resources and the specific issues faced by victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking from underserved populations.
Eligible applicants are nonprofit organizations that are population specific organizations or victim service providers.
In addition to identifying as a population specific organization or victim service provider, applicants must also be one of the sub-types listed below:
- Programs that are run by and for deaf individuals
- Organizations with the primary purpose of serving LGBT individuals
- Organizations with the primary purpose of serving members of a religious minority who face barriers accessing and using victim services
- Service providers that have received two continuation awards under the OVW Training and Services to End Violence Against Women with Disabilities Grant Program
Award ceiling: $450,000
Expected number of awards: 10
Project period: 3 years
Total program funding: $4,500,000
Applicants are strongly encouraged, but not required, to submit a letter of intent to email@example.com by March 16, 2021.
Applicants should submit an SF-424 and an SF-LLL in grants.gov by the March 23, 2021 deadline.
Submit the full application, including attachments, in the JustGrants grants management system by the April 1, 2021 deadline.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.