Innovation in Care Coordination for Children and Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorders and Other Developmental Disabilities Program
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
For programmatic or technical
LCDR Leticia Manning, MPH
For grants management or budget
Hazel Natosha Booker
This program provides grants to support the implementation of innovative, evidence-informed strategies to integrate care at a system-level within a state for children and youth with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and other developmental disabilities (DD), with a special emphasis on medically underserved populations (based on poverty, rural geographic location, and/or populations that experience health disparities). The program goal is to improve access to a coordinated, comprehensive state system of services that leads to early diagnosis and entry into services for children with ASD/DD within the state and their families.
The purpose and objectives of this program will be accomplished by implementing the following strategies:
- Family navigation: Increasing family navigation services to improve communication between families and primary and specialty providers; link children with/at risk for ASD/DD to diagnostic evaluations, ASD/DD services, and community resources; and provide education to families of children with/at risk for ASD/DD to improve self-efficacy in navigating the system of care for children with/at risk for ASD/DD
- Provider education: Providing education, training, and technical assistance to providers, and community based-organizations providing services to ASD/DD on improving care for children with/at risk for ASD/DD through a learning community
Eligible applicants include any domestic public or private entity, including faith-based and community-based organizations, Tribes, and tribal organizations.
Award ceiling: Up to $372,000 per
Project period: 4 years
Estimated number of awards: 5
Estimated total program funding: $1,860,000
Links to the full announcement, application instructions, and the online application process are available through grants.gov.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, view details
- Health Resources and Services Administration, view details
- Maternal and Child Health Bureau, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.