Expanding the 3E's Grant Program
The Expanding the 3E's Grant Program (X3E) increases awareness of the importance of good nutrition, especially for children, and encourage children's health and well-being through education, exercise, and eating healthy. This program is designed to promote better health and nutrition and prevent childhood obesity.
Funds may be used to create, supplement, or extend Texas Farm Fresh farm-to-school activities including, but not limited to:
- Implementing a garden-based curriculum
- School garden development or improvement
- Developing a garden to plate program to increase the number of garden products served in school meals and snacks
- Establishing a compost program using cafeteria food waste to enrich school or community gardens
- Taste testing activities focused on seasonal products
- Networking events that strengthen local purchasing relationships with Texas farmers and ranchers
- Experiential learning opportunities, such as field trips to farms or farmers markets
Eligible applicants are public schools in Texas.
Up to $10,000 per campus. Total funding awarded to a single school district will not exceed $50,000.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.