Medical Professionals Recruitment and Continuing Education Program
The purpose of this IHS cooperative agreement is to:
- Enhance medical professional recruitment and continuing education programs, services and activities for AI/AN people
- Recruit AI/AN health professionals to pursue jobs that serve AI/AN people and improve the health care delivery system
- Provide opportunities for AI/AN youth to learn about the various Federal agencies and possible careers within the Federal Government that will result in a national mentoring program and creation of a pipeline for AI/AN youth into health careers
Non-profit Organizations meeting the following criteria:
- Have as a core goal improving the health of AI/AN.
- Be committed to pursuing excellence in Native American health care by promoting education in the medical disciplines, honoring traditional health principles and restoring the balance of mind, body, and spirit.
- Offer educational programs, services, and activities that motivate AI/AN students to remain in the academic pipeline and to pursue a career in the health professions and/or biomedical research.
- Foster forums where modern medicine combines with traditional healing to enhance health care delivery to AI/AN communities.
- Provide leadership in various care arenas affecting AI/AN, such as diabetes mellitus, HIV/AIDS, domestic violence and methamphetamine use.
Award amount: $105,000
Project period: 3 years
A link to the application package is available on grants.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.