Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+) Model
Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+) is an advanced primary care medical home model designed to strengthen primary care through a regionally-based multi-payer payment reform and care delivery transformation. The goal of CPC+ is to improve the quality of care, improve patients’ health, and spend healthcare dollars more wisely.
Participating practices will fall within two tracks. Each track will implement CPC+ Practice Care Delivery Requirements in the following primary care functions:
- Access and continuity
- Care management
- Comprehensiveness and coordination
- Patient and caregiver engagement
- Planned care and population health
Participants in this round will begin January 1, 2018.
CPC+ includes three payment elements:
- Care management fee - paid quarterly to both Track 1 and Track 2 participants and adjusted to account for the intensity of care management services required for the specific population served by each practice
- Performance-based incentive payment - based on performance in patient experience, clinical quality, and utilization measures
Payment under the Medicare Physician Fee
- Track 1 participants continue to bill Medicare Fee for Service (FFS) as usual.
- Track 2 participants continue to bill as usual, but the FFS payment will be reduced to account for shifting a portion of Medicare FFS payments into Comprehensive Primary Care Payments (CPCP), which will be paid quarterly in a lump sum.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.