National Native Health Research Training Initiative
The National Native Health Research Training Initiative offers a grant to a single organization to help build capacity and disseminate new and best practices for American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) health research and promote tribally-driven research activity through a variety of educational and training opportunities.
The initiative will focus on:
- The promotion of health research and related opportunities for AI/AN students, highlighting promising practices to improving the health of AI/AN people, and culture-based approaches to reducing health disparities
- Resilience and protective factors and their role in AI/AN health outcomes
- Innovative and culturally-based approaches to improving the health of AI/AN youth
- Dissemination of AI/AN health research findings to investigators and providers working with tribal communities, as well as tribal leaders and health officials
Activities will include the planning, coordination, and hosting of research meetings and conferences, webinars, and hosting of a website or web page for dissemination of AI/AN health science research information.
Eligible applicants must be 501(c)(3) nonprofit entities that are national membership organizations of AI/AN health researchers or scientists.
To be successful, the applicant must demonstrate expertise in:
- Conducting national research or scientific conferences
- Promoting and supporting AI/AN health research and science education and training
- Providing health research and science education and outreach on a national scale for at least 5 years.
Award ceiling: $225,000
Award floor: $100,000
Number of awards: 1
The expected project period is 5 years. The amount of funding available for annual continuation through the project period are subject to the availability of appropriations and budgetary priorities of the agency.
Links to the full announcement and online application procedures are available through grants.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.