Health Promotion Among Racial and Ethnic Minority Males (R01 and R21)
The Health Promotion Among Racial and Ethnic Minority Males program provides grants to stimulate and expand research in the health of minority men. The initiative is intended to:
- Enhance understanding of the numerous factors influencing the health promoting behaviors of racial and ethnic minority males across the life cycle
- Encourage applications focusing on the development and testing of culturally and linguistically appropriate health-promoting interventions designed to reduce health disparities among racially and ethnically diverse males age 18 and older
Potential target populations include:
- Blacks/African Americans
- Asian Americans
- American Indians/Alaska Natives
- Native Hawaiians/Other Pacific Islanders
- Socioeconomically disadvantaged populations
- Underserved rural populations
- Men of diverse sexual orientation
- Men with disabilities
- Migrant workers and immigrants
There are two funding opportunities under this program:
Eligible applicants include:
- Higher education institutions
- Nonprofit organizations
- For-profit businesses
- Governments, including tribes and territories
- Other public agencies
A detailed list of eligible applicants may be found in the application instructions.
R21 project grants are limited to $200,000.
R01 project budgets are not limited, but need to reflect the actual needs of the proposed project. The maximum project period is 5 years.
Links to the full announcement and online application procedures are available on grants.gov.
Submission dates for all non-AIDS applications may be
found on the
Standard Due Dates web page. Be aware that there are
different standard deadlines for R21 and R01 projects, as
well as for new, renewal, and resubmission
Submission dates for all AIDS and AIDS-related applications may be found on the Standard Due Dates web page.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.