Public Safety Innovation Accelerator Program
Application: Feb 28, 2017
The Public Safety Innovation Accelerator Program provides grants to eligible applicants for activities to accelerate research, development, production, and testing of key broadband technologies and capabilities that directly impact first responder communications and operations in urban and rural locations.
The goal of the program is to accelerate research, development, production, and testing activities in 6 specific technology areas:
- Mission critical voice communications over long term evolution networks, such as direct mode broadband technology and "push to talk" communication
- Location based services, including positioning, position dissemination, and mapping/visualization
- Public safety analytics
- Public safety communications demand model frameworks for public safety needs to capture the essence of how public safety communicates by documenting present and future modes of communication, usage needs in dynamic situations, and urban and rural applications of similar technologies
- Research and prototyping platforms
- Resilient systems
Specific descriptions and potential activities in each technology area are available in the application instructions.
Eligible applicants include:
- Institutions of higher education
- Nonprofit organizations
- For-profit organizations
- State and local governments
- Indian tribes
- Foreign public entities and foreign governments
An eligible organization may propose to work individually or to include proposed sub-awardees, contractors or other collaborators.
Award ceiling: $1,000,000 per year
Award floor: $10,000 per year
Project period: 2-3 years depending on the project type
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.