Community Leadership Institute of Kentucky (CLIK)
606.439.3557 Ext. 83449
The Community Leadership Institute of Kentucky (CLIK) is a leadership development training program designed to to assist community leaders in engaging and empowering communities to reduce health disparities, leverage funding, and learn how to use data to improve services and programs.
Participants will attend training sessions on:
- Grant proposal writing
- Accessing and mining public datasets/data visualization
- Quality improvement/ensuring evidence-based practices
- Survey development/human subjects protection
- Assessing community health needs
- Program evaluation/data analysis
- Designing and implementing a solid budget
- Advanced public speaking
Training sessions will be held at the University of Kentucky Center of Excellence in Rural Health in Hazard, KY, from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on:
- April 6, 2020
- April 7, 2020
- April 13, 2020
- April 14, 2020
- April 28, 2020
- Other meetings to be announced
Participants are required to attend all training sessions, develop and implement a real-world project, and provide progress reports at 6 months and 1 year.
Community and organizational leaders, administrators, directors, and other key program staff are eligible to apply.
To receive the $2,500 award, the participant's organization must have 501(c)(3) status or a designated lead fiscal agency.
Priority will be given to applicants from Appalachian counties in Kentucky and to applicants that propose projects in the areas of:
- Cancer prevention
- Reducing obesity and sedentary lifestyle
- Chronic disease prevention or management
- Substance abuse prevention and treatment
$2,500 will be awarded to a participant's organization. Meals and snacks will be provided during training hours.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.