Sunflower Foundation Capacity Building Grants
Sunflower Foundation provides capacity building grants for organizations in Kansas that provide healthcare and prevention services for low-income, uninsured, and other vulnerable populations.
Proposed projects should be designed to build core organizational strength by increasing effectiveness, efficiency, quality, safety, impact, and/or sustainability, with priority given to:
- Technology - upgrades or enhancements to information technology systems, digital data and infrastructure, communication technologies, as well as the development of staff skills to use technology to facilitate the work of the organization
- Training and education - staff talent development; board leadership skills; organizational planning, assessment, and strategy development; skills to create and sustain strategic relationships; and fund development
- Media messaging and communication - enhance the organization’s overall capacity to communicate its mission and expand its reach through social media and a website
Eligible applicants include nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations and state or local governments in Kansas that predominantly serve vulnerable populations and are categorized as one of the following types of agencies:
- Safety net organization
- Local health department or public health organization
- Aging and/or disability organization
- Health and social service organization whose primary focus is health equity, social justice and/or addressing the social and economic factors that influence people’s health
Up to $30,000
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.