Comprehensive Opioid Abuse Site-based Program
The Comprehensive Opioid Abuse Site-based Program provides grants to governments to expand opioid abuse prevention and education efforts while also promoting treatment, recovery, and partnership models involving first responders and providing for the needs of crime victims and their families.
According to the application instructions, the program has 3 grant categories with specific eligibility and activity requirements:
- Category 1 - Locally Driven Responses to the Opioid Epidemic
- Category 2 - Statewide Implementation, Enhancement, and Evaluation Projects
- Category 3 -Harold Rogers Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) Implementation and Enhancement Projects
Eligible applicants include:
- Category 1: Units of local government and federally recognized Indian tribal governments
- Category 2: State Administering Agencies (SAAs) responsible for directing criminal justice planning or State Alcohol and Substance Abuse Agencies
- Category 3: State governments and territories that have a pending or enacted enabling statute or regulation requiring the submission of controlled substance prescription data to an authorized state agency
- Category 1:
- Subcategory 1a - An urban area or large county with a population greater than 500,000. The maximum award available for Category 1a is $1,200,000 for the entire grant period.
- Subcategory 1b - A suburban area or medium-size county with a population between 100,000 and 500,000. The maximum award available for Category 1b is $900,000 for the entire grant period.
- Subcategory 1c - A rural area or small county with a population of fewer than 100,000 or a federally recognized Indian tribe. The maximum award available for Category 1c is $600,000 for the entire grant period.
- Category 2:
- Subcategory 2a - Projects to be implemented in 3 to 5 sites may request up to $3,000,000; projects to be implemented in 6 or more sites may request up to $5,000,000 for up to a 36-month period
- Subcategory 2b - projects to be implemented in 3 or more sites may request up to $1,500,000 for up to a 36-month period
- Subcategory 2c - Up to $6,500,000 for up to a 36-month period
- Category 3 - Applicants may request up to $2,000,000 for a project period of 36 months.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.