Tribal Waste Management Capacity Building Training Grant
This opportunity will provide a grant for an eligible entity to provide training, technical assistance, and travel scholarships to federally-recognized tribes in support of waste management capacity building on tribal lands.
The recipient will conduct 4 training courses designed to assist tribes in the development and implementation of sustainable waste management programs. The training courses should include tribal speakers that have developed and implemented successful waste diversion programs. Courses include:
- Managing Household Hazardous Waste Collection at Transfer Stations
- Managing Wasted Food and other Organic Materials
- Developing and Updating Integrated Waste Management Plans
- Implementing Integrated Waste Management Plans through Waste Diversion Programs
Eligible applicants are:
- States and territories
- Local, tribal, interstate, and intrastate government agencies and instrumentalities
- Nonprofit organizations that are not 501(c)(4) lobbying organizations, including nonprofit educational institutions and nonprofit hospitals
Award ceiling: $250,000
Number of awards: 1
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.