American Indians Accessing Health Professions Workshop
The American Indians Accessing Health Professions Workshop is designed to encourage more American Indian students to pursue health professions. The workshop will take place August 18-19, 2017 at the University of California Los Angeles.
Workshop topics and activities include:
- Healthcare disparities in American Indian populations
- How to pay for health professions education
- Study skills and test taking strategies
- American Indian culture and the culture of medicine
- Clinical simulations
- Networking with American Indian physicians, admissions staff, and health professions students
- Small group advising sessions
The program is open to any currently enrolled college student with 6 or more credits who is of American Indian/American Native background.
There is no charge to participants. All travel, food, and program expenses are covered.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.