Developing New Clinical Decision Support to Disseminate and Implement Evidence-Based Research Findings (R18)
Application: Sep 25, 2018
This program provides grants for developing new clinical decision support (CDS) to facilitate the dissemination and implementation of evidence-based research findings.
Proposed projects should:
- Describe the evidence-based research finding that forms the basis for the proposed CDS
- Incorporate the "5 Rights" framework of delivering the right information, to the right person, using the right format, in the right channel, and at the right time during workflow
- Develop and implement electronic CDS that is based on evidence-based research findings
- Evaluate the reliability, validity, and usability of the CDS among diverse populations
- Incorporate health IT standards that harmonize CDS and quality measurement
- Include an evaluation of the approach
AHRQ supports research, evaluations, and demonstration projects concerning the delivery of healthcare in inner-city and rural areas (including frontier areas), and healthcare for priority populations. Priority populations include low income groups; minority groups; women; children; the elderly; and individuals with special healthcare needs, including individuals with disabilities and individuals who need chronic care or end-of-life healthcare.
Eligible applicants include
- State, county, city, township, or special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and private institutions of higher education
- Federally or state recognized tribal governments
- Public and Indian housing authorities
- Native American tribal organizations
- Nonprofits with or without 501(c)(3) status
- For-profit organizations and small businesses
Funding will not exceed $400,000 in any given year or $1,200,000 for the 3-year project period.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.