Foster G. McGaw Prize for Excellence in Community Service
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
The Foster G. McGaw Prize honors health delivery organizations that have demonstrated exceptional commitment to community service.
Applicants must meet the following criteria for excellence in community service:
Leadership: Leads the community to
better health and well-being by
- Ensuring that regular community needs assessments are completed, community-wide planning is conducted, and that a scorecard is used to ensure accountability and progress
- Demonstrating alignment between community health needs and the initiatives it creates
- Demonstrating that all stakeholders are engaged in and committed to the organization's community health strategies, partnerships and collaboratives
- Partnerships: Collaborates with a broad range of community organizations to identify and address societal factors influencing health and improve access to high quality, safe and equitable health care; has a shared purpose and passion; and demonstrates strong community engagement, acceptance, and involvement.
Breadth and Depth of Initiatives: The
organization's community service initiatives:
- Exceed the definition of acute medical and health care services
- Result in improved access to care for historically marginalized communities
- Address health and health care disparities that impact racially, ethnically and culturally diverse individuals
- Address societal factors influencing health, including but not limited to economic development; nutrition/malnutrition; preventable non-communicable diseases such as diabetes, and barriers to clean water, sanitation and hygiene
- Invest in advances such as telehealth and digital innovations to expand access to health service
- Result in improved health outcomes
Any health delivery organization that exhibits the award criteria is eligible to apply for the prize, including:
- Health systems
- Integrated networks
- Self-defined community partnerships
Award amounts are not stated. Up to 4 programs or organizations will be selected.
A link to the application instructions is available on the program website.
Email the completed application in a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- American Hospital Association, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.