Community Mobility Design Challenge Planning Grants
Community Mobility Design Challenge Planning Grants provide funding to support communities seeking innovative ways to address the particular mobility challenges experienced by low-income community members for whom a lack of transportation is an obstacle to the pursuit of economic, health, and social well being.
Program goals include:
- Support communities in creating mobility solutions
that improve access for low-income residents with regard
to 3 focus areas:
- Economic opportunities
- Opportunities to improve health and well-being
- Opportunities to become more integrated into their community
- Support the development of cross-sector partnerships that work together on transportation solutions for their community
- Prepare communities to apply for opportunities for funding the implementation of community transportation solutions, such as federal transit funding, as well as other types of federal, state, and local funding for which the designed projects may be eligible
Eligible applicants are designated or direct recipients for funds under 49 U.S.C. 5307, 5310, or 5311, or an eligible subrecipient of these funds.
Eligible subrecipients include:
- State government authorities
- Local governments
- Nonprofit organizations
- Operators of public transportation
All sizes of communities are encouraged to apply.
Direct technical assistance and funding up to $25,000.
Six community teams will be selected.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.