Minnesota Health Professional Clinical Training Expansion Grant Program
The Minnesota Health Professional Clinical Training Expansion Grant Program provides funding to support educational programs that provide clinical training for health professionals that include training sites for rural areas and underserved populations.
Funds may be used for:
- Establishing or expanding clinical training for physician assistants, advanced practice registered nurses, pharmacists, dental therapists, advanced dental therapists, and mental health professionals
- Recruitment, training, and retention of students and faculty
- Connecting students with appropriate clinical training sites, internships, practicums, or externship activities
- Travel and lodging for students
- Faculty, student, and preceptor salaries, incentives, or other financial support
- Development and implementation of cultural competency training
- Training site improvements, fees, equipment, and supplies required to establish, maintain, or expand a training program
- Supporting clinical education in which trainees are part of a primary care team model
Applicants must fulfill all of the eligibility criteria.
- Located in Minnesota
- Provide clinical training for students in any or all
of the following professions:
- Advanced practice registered nurses
- Dental therapists and advanced dental therapists
- Mental health professionals, as defined under Minnesota Statute 245.462, Subdivision 18
- Physician assistants
- Train or propose to train students primarily in Minnesota
- Can demonstrate accreditation and compliance with the accrediting bodies for the professions listed above
Programs may receive up to $75,000 for planning projects, and up to $300,000 for training projects over 3 years. The maximum award for each new slot will be $150,000 in year 1, $100,000 in year 2, and $50,000 in year 3.
Due to limited funding, it is unlikely that any program will receive the full amount for training projects.
Links to additional guidance are available on the program website when applications are being accepted.
Completed applications may be submitted by:
Minnesota Department of Health
P.O. Box 64882
St. Paul, MN 55164-0882
Golden Rule Building
85 E. 7th Place, Suite 220
St. Paul, MN 55101
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.