Wisconsin Opioid and Methamphetamine Treatment Centers Grant
Application: Nov 17, 2017
This program provides funding to create opioid treatment and methamphetamine treatment centers in underserved areas of Wisconsin.
The program is designed to:
- Increase geographic access to addiction treatment and recovery support services in high need and underserved areas in Wisconsin
- Provide regional, evidence-based, trauma-informed, and effective stabilization, residential detoxification services and treatment services for people with methamphetamine or opioid addiction
- Increase retention in services, improve quality of life, and reduce relapse
- Reduce the number of deaths associated with opioid and methamphetamine addiction
- Reach out to untreated opioid and methamphetamine addicted women and people who inject drugs, and offer priority admission to pregnant women, and people who inject drugs
- Reduce the number of infants affected by the misuse of opioids and methamphetamines
Funded treatment centers are required to:
- Transition individuals to a licensed residential program, if that level of treatment is necessary
- Provide counseling, medication-assisted treatment, and abstinence-based treatment
- Transition individuals who have completed treatment to county-based or private post-treatment care
Eligible applicants are nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies, including counties, tribal nations, and municipalities.
A total of $2,008,000 is available for up to 3 contracts.
Specific contract information and required service areas for each contract are provided on page 11 of the application instructions.
Submit a letter of intent to apply by email to Matthew.Limoges@dhs.wisconsin.gov by October 13, 2017.
Submit the final proposal using one of the addresses on page 38 of the application instructions by November 17, 2017.
October 20, 2017
2:00 - 3:30 p.m. Central
1 W. Wilson, Room 751, Madison WI
Conference line: 877.820.7831
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.