Pre-Dental Admission Workshop for American Indians and Alaska Natives
Sarah Yankton Hill
This program provides a workshop designed to assist American Indians and Alaska Natives in getting ready to apply to dental school.
The workshop will take place February 1-3, 2018 at Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health in Mesa, Arizona. Topics and activities will include:
- Hands-on dentistry in a simulation clinic
- Understanding the application process
- Admissions test preparation techniques
- Personal statements
- The interview process and mock interviews
- Financial aid and scholarships
- Networking opportunities
Eligible applicants are American Indians and Alaska natives who:
- Have a connection to an American Indian or Alaska native tribe, nation, or community
- Have an interest in applying to dental school
- Meet one of the following criteria:
- Current high school senior
- Current undergraduate
- Recent college graduate who plans on applying to dental school
Attendees will receive workshop materials, lodging, and a possible travel stipend.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.