Accelerating Colorectal Cancer Screening and Follow-up Through Implementation Science (UG3/UH3)
Application: Feb 11, 2019
For questions about the healthcare delivery
system aspects of the application:
Sarah Kobrin, Ph.D.
For questions about the implementation science
aspects of the application:
Wynne E. Norton, Ph.D.
Peer review contact:
Robert Freund, Ph.D.
For grants management or budget
This program provides grants to promote research in colorectal cancer (CRC) screening, follow-up, and referral-to-care among target populations for whom screening rates are below national standards.
Traditionally underserved and marginalized populations that have lower rates for CRC screening, follow-up, and referral-to-care include those living in rural areas, racial and ethnic minority populations, and low-income populations.
Projects have 2 phases, and each phase should be included in proposals:
- UG3 Planning-Exploratory Phase: 1-year planning-exploratory phase during which research teams are expected to pilot test, measure, and refine the multilevel intervention in preparation for the experimental or quasi-experimental trial in the UH3 Implementation Phase
- UH3 Implementation Phase: 2-4 year implementation phase during which research teams are expected to conduct an experimental or quasi-experimental study to test the impact of a multilevel intervention on increasing rates of CRC screening, follow-up, and referral-to-care among target populations for whom screening rates are below national standards
Required criteria and characteristics for projects are listed in the application instructions.
Eligible applicants include
- State, county, or U.S. territory governments
- Public and private institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits with or without 501(c)(3) status
- For-profit organizations and small businesses
Project period: 5 years
Estimated number of awards: 3
Estimated total program funding: $3,000,000
The application budget for the UG3 Planning-Exploratory Phase is limited to $500,000 in direct costs per year. Costs of the UH3 Implementation Phase are limited to $800,000 in direct costs per year.
The maximum period of funding for the entire UG3/UH3 award is 5 years.
Links to the full announcement and online application procedures are available through grants.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.